Helping improve people’s lives through counselling is a rewarding privilege. It is satisfying to help my clients lead more successful lives and have more fulfilling relationships.
I aim to be as accessible as possible by working from local clinics near to my clients and working after hours. My approach is easy, friendly and honest – getting straight to the root of problems to find workable solutions to empower clients. My training and credentials are as follows…
- Bachelor of Biosciences and Health (Hons) from Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling from the University of Auckland.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Health Promotion and Health Education from the University of Liverpool.
- Resolution Institute accredited Mediator and Family Dispute Resolution Provider.
20 Years professional counselling experience in healthcare.
This includes the UK and NZ, having worked at Auckland, Counties Manakau and Waitamata District Health Boards. Additionally in private addictions practice and non-governmental organisations – primarily with drug, alcohol, smoking and gambling problems.
- Full member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors.
- Registered Family Court-contracted counsellor, specialising in relationship and family issues.
- Registered Victim Support Counsellor.
Drug and Alcohol Counselling
- Registered Drug and Alcohol practitioner under the Drug and Alcohol Practitioners Association of Aotearoa NZ (DAPAANZ).
- DAPAANZ-accredited clinical supervisor.
Mediation and Dispute Resolution
- Resolution Institute accredited mediator.
(the dispute resolution professional organisation with the largest membership in Asia-Pacific).
- Claire is a Resolution Institute accredited Family Disputes Resolution Provider (FDR). Please contact Claire if you require FDR assistance.
- Claire is a New Zealand Dispute Resolution Centre Panelist. (NZDRC panellists are appointed because of their extensive knowledge and expertise in the relevant substantive laws coupled with their extensive knowledge, skill and experience in dispute resolution practice. NZDRC is not a membership organisation and prides itself on working with only the best dispute resolution practitioners in New Zealand and international.)