Counselling is for any individual, couple, or family who wish to talk through an issue, concern, or conflict that is causing distress or emotional challenges.
Here's what will happen:
It is normal for new clients to be a little nervous coming to counselling for the first time.
- We start by talking through what you would like to get out of counselling.
- Each appointment is one hour.
- You won’t be asked to do role-plays or anything you aren’t comfortable with.
- Sessions are normally weekly but appointments can be made at intervals that suit you e.g. fortnightly.
- You will receive a reminder text the day before your appointment. If you are unable to attend, please notify me as soon as possible.
- Because the appointment is reserved especially for you a cancellation fee of $100 will be charged if the appointment is cancelled in less than 48 hours. If you do not attend the appointment on the day the full fee will be charged. This may be waived in exceptional circumstances.
- Confidentiality is maintained apart from exceptional circumstances where someone is at risk of harm.
- In all situations the welfare and interests of children and young persons are the first and paramount consideration, as outlined in the Children, Young Persons and their Families Act (1989).